An economical, yet impressive ground beef soufflé.
3/4 pound ground beef
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
2 large egg yolks, beaten
1 cup milk
1/4 cup grated carrot
2 teaspoons chopped onions
2 large egg whites, beaten
- In a skillet, brown ground beef, about 5 minutes; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and Italian seasoning; mix well. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- In another bowl, mix together beaten egg yolks and milk. Add to the flour mixture, then stir in the ground beef, carrot and onion.
- Fold in egg whites beaten to stiff peaks.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for about 35 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.