"The best meatloaf I have ever had!" Recipe submitted by Dawnette Giles.
2 pounds ground beef
1/3 cup chopped peeled onion
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 1/4 teaspoons ground sage
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
3/4 cup milk
2 large eggs
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2/3 cup bread crumbs
4 slices bacon
1/4 cup tomato ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, eggs and Worcestershire sauce. Mix in beef mixture. Add bread crumbs.
- Grease a large sheet of aluminum foil, place bacon on foil. Mold mixture over bacon. Refrigerate 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place meatloaf on a cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour.
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar, salt, mustard and pepper. Open foil, drain any juice. Spoon ketchup mixture over meatloaf and bake, uncovered, an additional 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.