Quick, simple and delicious using a minimum
of ingredients but delivering flavor to the max.
Another delicious recipe from our Family-Favorite
Farfalle with Italian
Sausage and Peppers
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta (also called bowtie
- 12 ounces bulk sweet or spicy Italian
sausage (if using links, remove sausage from casings)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch
- 1/2 cup strong beef broth*
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground
black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup snipped Italian parsley (flat
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for accompaniment.
- Cook pasta according to package directions,
preferably al dente (firm to the bite). Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook sausage
over medium-high heat, breaking up into bite-sized chunks, until
browned; drain fat.
- Add the bell pepper and cook for about
2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the beef broth. Bring to boiling;
reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper;
stir in parsley and the cooked pasta and toss gently to combine.
- Serve immediately garnished with freshly
grated Parmesan cheese.
Makes 4 servings.
*Combine 1/2 cup hot water with 1 teaspoon
beef base or bouillon granules. I prefer and use Redi-Base soup
bases available at www.redibase.com.
Cooking Tip: Add more color to this dish
by using a combination of red, green, yellow and/or orange bell
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4
of recipe): 359.4 calories; 20% calories from fat; 8.4g total
fat; 25.5mg cholesterol; 587.1mg sodium; 398.4mg potassium; 48.8g
carbohydrates; 2.5g fiber; 2.6g sugar; 46.3g net carbs; 21.7g
Copyright Hope Pryor, please see Terms
of Use. Photograph by Hope Pryor; property of CooksRecipes.com.