Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
This one dish holds all the flavors of
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 1/2 cups milk
1 large egg, beaten
1 pound lean ground beef
1 (1.25-ounce) package chili-seasoning mix
2 teaspoons seasoned salt
1 (16-ounce) can tomatoes
1 (17-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (7 1/2-ounce) can pitted black olives, drained
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Mix cornmeal, milk and egg in 2 1/2 quart
- Brown ground beef in heavy skillet until
beef is no longer pink. Break up with spoon while cooking to
- Add chili-seasoning mix, salt, tomatoes,
corn and olives to ground beef. Mix well.
- Stir beef mixture into cornmeal mixture.
- Bake at 350ºF (175ºC) for 1
1/4 hours. Sprinkle cheese over top and return to oven until
cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
Serves 6 to 8.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy
of Texas Beef Council and Beef It's Whats For Dinner.