Cheeseburger Pizza Rounds
Besides being something fun-to-eat for supper, these mini pizza rounds make great party food.
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1 (19-ounce) can refrigerated large-style biscuits
1 large egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon water
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 (14-ounce) jar pizza sauce
1 cup (4-ounces) crumbled feta cheese
2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup (4-ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease baking sheet; set aside.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Meanwhile, separate dough into 8 biscuits. Place 2 1/2-inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. With bottom of flat 2-inch diameter glass or with fingers, press out each biscuit to form 3 1/2-inch round with 1/4-inch rim around outside edge.
- In small bowl, combine egg yolk and water; beat well. Brush over tops and sides of biscuits. Sprinkle each with sesame seed.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cheese, to ground beef; cook about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup ground beef mixture into flattened center in each biscuit. Sprinkle each with cheese.
- Bake for 12 to 17 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Carefully remove from baking sheet.
Makes 8 servings.