Danish Meat Loaf
This moist and flavorful meat loaf features three types of ground meat—beef, veal and pork—and is topped with strips of smoked bacon.
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground veal
8 ounces ground pork
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1 1/2 cups milk
2 large eggs
1 onion, grated
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 strips smoked bacon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In large bowl, mix ground beef, ground veal, and ground pork.
- In a medium bowl, soak dry bread crumbs in milk, add eggs, grated onion, and flour. Mix into the meat mixture. Add salt and pepper.
- Form into a loaf pan and top with strips of bacon.
- Bake for about 1 1/2 hours, or until done.
Makes 8 servings.