A sweet and tangy tomato and mustard sauce tops this moist meat loaf.
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 cup soft bread crumbs
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons dry mustard
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, three-fourths cup tomato sauce (reserve remaining 1/4 cup for later), egg, salt and pepper; mix until well incorporated. Gently press mixture into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- Whisk remaining 1/4 cup tomato sauce, brown sugar, dry mustard and vinegar in a small bowl. Pour over meat.
- Bake 1 hour 15 minutes or until browned and bubbling.
- Remove from oven; cool for about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.