Devilishly Divine Creamy Tomato Sauce with Meatballs
This recipe for a delicious sauce with meatballs is excellent served over the pasta of your choice. It gets some extra spark from red pepper flakes and the turkey sausage meatballs are easy to prepare.
2 pounds turkey sausage, uncooked, casings removed
1 cup plain dry bread crumbs
2 (26-ounce) jars prepared marinara sauce
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 pound dry spaghetti or pasta of your choice, cooked, kept warm
Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Line baking sheet with sides with foil.
- Combine sausage and breadcrumbs in large bowl. Form mixture into 60, 1-inch meatballs. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain meatballs on paper towel-lined plates.
- Meanwhile, combine marinara sauce, evaporated milk and red pepper flakes in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until simmering. Add meatballs; stir.
- Serve half the sauce and meatballs over cooked spaghetti. Top with parsley, if desired.
Makes 12 servings. (If desired, recipe can be halved.)
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 410; Calories from Fat: 110; Total Fat: 12g (18% of DV); Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% of DV); Cholesterol: 65mg (22% of DV); Sodium: 1060mg (44% of DV); Carbohydrates: 49g (16% of DV); Dietary Fiber: 4g (16% of DV); Sugars: 11g; Protein: 24g; Vitamin A: 20% of DV; Vitamin C: 6% of DV; Calcium: 20% of DV; Iron: 20% of DV.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.