Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
A fresh tomato salsa flavors the beef mixture
and also serves as a colorful topping for these zesty burgers.
Double Salsa Burgers
- 1 large tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 fresh or pickled jalapeno peppers, seeded
and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
- Guacamole (optional)
- For salsa, in a medium bowl combine tomato,
green pepper, onion, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, lime juice,
garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the salsa.
Cover and chill the remaining salsa until serving time.
- In another medium bowl, combine ground
beef and the 2 tablespoons salsa; mix well. Shape mixture into
six 1/2-inch-thick oval patties.
- Grill patties on an uncovered grill directly
over medium coals for 12 to 14 minutes or until meat is no longer
pink, turning once.
- Arrange shredded lettuce on dinner plates.
Top with patties, remaining salsa, and cheddar cheese. Serve
with a small dollop of sour cream and/or guacamole.
Makes 6 servings.