Easy Mexican Pizzas
Oven-crisped flour tortillas topped with refried beans, taco sauce, chicken and Monterey Jack cheese make a handy appetizer, lunch or light supper.
10 (10-inch) flour tortillas - divided use
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese - divided use
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
1 (1.25-ounce) package ORTEGA Taco Seasoning Mix - divided use
2 tablespoons water - divided use
1 (16-ounce) can ORTEGA Refried Beans
10 tablespoons ORTEGA Thick & Smooth Taco Sauce
Suggested Toppings: Chopped tomatoes, sliced green onions, ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease baking sheets.
- Place half the tortillas on prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle cheese evenly over each tortilla. Place remaining tortillas on top of cheese.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Add 2 tablespoons seasoning mix and 1 tablespoon water; mix well. Remove from heat.
- Combine refried beans, remaining seasoning mix and remaining water in small bowl. Spread bean mixture evenly over each tortilla. Layer with a drizzle of taco sauce, chicken mixture, remaining cheese and toppings.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Makes 5 (2 pizza) servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.