Enchilada Lasagna Pie
An easy and economical main dish that puts a meal on the table fast.
8 ounces lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 (15.5-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 (10-ounce) can red or green enchilada sauce
4 corn tortillas, quartered
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
Suggested Accompaniments: Sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cook beef and onion six to eight minutes or until beef is browned; drain. Season to taste. Stir in beans.
- Spread a few spoonfuls of sauce in 8-inch deep dish pie plate. Layer half tortillas, beef mixture, half remaining sauce and half of cheese over sauce in dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil, top with remaining cheese. Bake five more minutes or until cheese melts.
- Enjoy topped with sour cream and chopped cilantro, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Target and SuperTarget; through ARAcontent.