Lasagna is extra-easy when you start with a jar of ready-made sauce.
1 pound lean ground beef
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
4 cups tomato-basil pasta sauce
6 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
1 large egg
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup hot water
- Cook beef in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in pasta sauce.
- Combine ricotta cheese with egg and salt, mixing well.
- Spread one-third of meat sauce in a lightly greased 11 x 7 x 2-inch baking dish; layer with 3 noodles and half each of ricotta cheese mixture and mozzarella cheese. (The ricotta cheese layers will be thin.) Repeat procedure; spread remaining one-third of meat sauce over mozzarella cheese. Slowly pour 1/4 cup hot water around inside edge of dish. Tightly cover baking dish with 2 layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 45 minutes; uncover and bake 10 more minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.