Fruited Beef Curry Casserole
Looking for something different to do with ground beef? Try this curry-flavored ground beef casserole with chopped bits of sweet apple and apricots.
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 slice of wheat bread
1 cup milk
2 large eggs
1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
1 cup dried apricots, chopped
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In saucepan cook chopped onion and chopped green bell pepper in oil until the onion is transparent. Add ground beef and brown. Drain.
- Soak slice of wheat bread in milk.
- To the beef mixture, add eggs, chopped apple, chopped dried apricots, curry, salt, and pepper. Add the bread/milk mixture and mix well.
- Place in a 2-quart baking dish and bake for 45 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.