Glazed Ham Loaf
A flavorful standard for leftover ham and a tasty difference from regular meatloaf. Serve with mashed potatoes and buttered peas. Also great the next day as sandwich.
1 pound ground cooked ham
1/4 pound lean ground pork
1/3 cup milk
2 large eggs
1 slice bread, cubed
1/4 pound ground veal or ground beef
3 tablespoons chili sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- Use fork to beat together milk and eggs in large bowl. Stir in bread cubes. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- Add ground ham, ground pork and ground veal or beef to milk mixture. Stir until well mixed, using your hands to mix as necessary.
- Pat meat mixture evenly into greased loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Stir together chili sauce and brown sugar in small bowl; spoon evenly over ham loaf. Bake until internal temperature is 160°F (70°C), about 10 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes. Carefully slice and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories 283 calories Protein 24 grams Fat 16 grams Sodium 1358 milligrams Cholesterol 137 milligrams Saturated Fat 6 grams Carbohydrates 10 grams Fiber 0 grams.
Recipe provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.