Grilled Spicy Sausage Patties
This tasty recipe for Grilled Spicy Sausage Patties is courtesy of Melissa d’Arabian, on behalf of The National Pork Board.
1 pound 72% lean ground pork
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 egg yolk
1/4 cup bread crumbs, plain
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small sauté pan, cook the minced garlic in oil just until fragrant, about one minute. Remove from heat to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ground pork gently with the yolk.
- In another small bowl, mix together with a fork the bread crumbs, cumin, oregano, and cayenne.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture on the meat and incorporate in, mixing gently.
- Add garlic mixture and mix again.
- Form into 10 patties. Press a small thumb indentation in the middle. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill and season grill with a towel dipped in vegetable oil (use tongs for safety).
- Grill on medium high heat 3 minutes each side, or until cooked through, but slightly pink or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (70°C).
Makes 5 (2 patty) servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/5 of recipe): Calories: 430 calories; Protein: 19 grams; Fat: 37 grams; Sodium: 130 milligrams; Cholesterol: 140 milligrams; Saturated Fat: 11 grams; Carbohydrates: 7 grams; Fiber: 1 grams.
Recipe provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.