Ground Beef and Stuffing Casserole
Made just like the classic stuffing casserole using chicken breasts, except this version uses cooked and crumbled ground beef and is topped with cheddar cheese.
1 (6-ounce) package Stove Top Stuffing
1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (10-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 soup can milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions; set aside.
- Brown ground beef and onion; drain. Turn mixture into a 9 x 9x 2-inch bake dish. Sprinkle stuffing mix on top of the meat mixture.
- Combine the soup with 1/2 can of milk and pour over the dressing.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle 1 cup cheddar cheese on too of the casserole and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Makes 4 servings.