Ground Beef Spaghetti Casserole
Spaghetti pasta forms the crust in this tasty, Italian-style casserole, layered with a cottage cheese mixture and meat sauce.
8 ounces uncooked spaghetti pasta
2 pounds ground beef
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions; drain, set aside.
- In a skillet sauté ground beef, onion and green bell pepper until meat is browned; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Combine cottage cheese, sour cream and oregano; stir to mix and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In lightly greased baking dish, layer spaghetti, cheese mixture then meat mixture.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with Parmesan before serving.
Makes 8 servings.