Hearty Beef n' Potato Casserole
Frozen potato rounds put the easy in this layered ground beef and potato casserole.
4 cups (1/2 of 30 ounce bag) frozen potato rounds (such as Tater Tots)
1 pound lean ground beef
1 (10-ounce) package frozen, chopped broccoli, thawed
1 (2.8-ounce) can French fried onions - divided use
1 medium tomato, chopped (optional)
1 (10-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
1/3 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese - divided use
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Line potatoes on bottom and up sides of a greased 8 x 12-inch casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Brown beef in large chunks; drain. Place beef, broccoli, 1/2 can French fried onions and tomatoes in potato shell.
- Combine soup, milk, 1/2 cup cheese, garlic powder and pepper; pour over beef mixture.
- Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese and onions; bake uncovered 2 to 3 minutes more, or until cheese has melted.
Makes 6 servings.