Home-Style Meat Loaf
A good basic meat loaf recipe that provides moist delicious results every time. Leftovers make wonderful sandwiches.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
2 teaspoons garlic salt
1 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
1 pound lean ground beef
2 large eggs, beaten
1/4 cup tomato ketchup
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large non-stick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion and green bell pepper until soft, about 5 minutes. Add thyme and garlic salt, mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, beaten eggs, ketchup and Worcestershire. Add the bread crumbs and the cooked vegetable mixture. Stir until just mixed.
- Shape mixture into an oval shape and put on a lightly greased baking sheet or fill a lightly greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes until browned on top and cooked through.
Makes 4 servings.