Mexican Meatloaf Muffins
Baked in muffin cups, these tasty mini meatloaves get an extra taste sensation from a taco seasoning mix.
3 pounds lean ground beef
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
2 large eggs
1/2 cup ketchup
2 cups quick oats
2 (1.25-ounce) packets ORTEGA Taco Seasoning Mix
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dried parsley
Suggested Toppings: Shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Combine ground beef, evaporated milk, eggs, ketchup, quick oats, taco seasoning, black pepper and parsley in large bowl until just mixed. Divide meat mixture into 20 ungreased muffin cups; mound tops slightly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin cups.
- Serve meatloaf muffins over lettuce, cheese and tomatoes, if desired.
Makes 10 (2-muffin meatloaf) servings, or 20 muffin meatloaves.
- Freeze half the meatloaf muffins for another meal. Wrap each in freezer wrap; freeze. To reheat, microwave unwrapped frozen meatloaf muffin on HIGH (100% power) for 2 minutes. If thawed, microwave for 1 minute.
- Meat Loaf mixture can be divided into two ungreased 8 x 4-inch loaf pans instead of muffin cups. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- Serve taco sauce with the muffins.
- For a more “comfort food” type meal, serve with mashed potatoes.
- Slice and serve on a dinner roll or wrapped in a flour tortilla.
- These are quite portable, great for school lunches along with a packet of ketchup.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/10 of recipe): Calories: 310; Calories from Fat: 90; Total Fat: 10g (15% of DV); Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% of DV); Cholesterol: 125mg (42% of DV); Sodium: 690mg (29% of DV); Carbohydrates: 22g (7% of DV); Dietary Fiber: 2g (8% of DV); Sugars: 6g; Protein: 32g; Vitamin A: 4% of DV; Vitamin C: 4% of DV; Calcium: 10% of DV; Iron: 20% of DV
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.