A taco seasoning mix flavors this Mexican-style meatloaf with cheddar cheese and green chiles.
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1 large egg, beaten
1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/2 cup chopped green onion
2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
1 tablespoon salsa
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, dry bread crumbs, egg, green chili peppers, cheddar cheese and taco seasoning mix. Mix well. Pat meat mixture into a 7x3-inchloaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until no pink remains. Let stand 10 minutes. Drain and remove from the pan.
- In a small bowl combine tomato, green onion, ketchup, salsa and salt; toss lightly.
- Slice the meatloaf and serve with the tomato mixture.
Makes 6 servings.