Muffin Tin Meatloaves
This classic 'comfort food' becomes a quick-to-fix favorite when cooking time is shortened by using muffin tins.
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini or carrots
1 cup soft bread crumbs
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (205ºC).
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except ketchup. Mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Place approximately 1/3 cup beef mixture into each of 12 medium muffin cups, pressing lightly.
- Spread ketchup over tops.
- Bake 20 minutes or until centers are no longer pink and internal temperature is 160°F (70ºC).
- Remove meatloaves from pan to serve.
Makes 6 (2 muffin meatloaf) servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Beef It's Whats For Dinner.