Olive Tapenade Meatloaf
Ready-to-use olive tapenade adds great flavor and texture to this tasty meatloaf.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of vitamin B6.
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup soft bread crumbs (preferably made from onion sandwich roll)
1/3 cup prepared olive tapenade
3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape ground beef mixture into 8 x 4-inch loaf on rack in broiler pan.
- Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven 1 to 1 1/4 hours, until instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F (71.1°C).
- Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into slices. Serve with additional olive tapenade, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Test Kitchen Tips:
- Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef.
- Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F (71.1°C).
- Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): 349 calories; 26 g fat (10 g saturated fat; 11 g monounsaturated fat); 151 mg cholesterol; 641 mg sodium; 4 g carbohydrate; 0.5 g fiber; 27 g protein; 4.2 mg niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg vitamin B12; 3.7 mg iron; 22.6 mcg selenium; 5.7 mg zinc.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.