Open-Faced Chili Burgers
You'll need a fork to eat these tasty, open-faced chili and cheese burgers.
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce (1 cup)
1 (1.5-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
6 hamburger buns
Butter, as needed
6 tomato slices
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Sliced black olives
Sliced pickles jalapeño peppers
- Brown ground beef and chopped onion in a skillet, stirring to crumble; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasoning mix; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Split and lightly butter hamburger buns, place on a large baking sheet and broil just until buns are toasted, 1 to 2 minutes, or as needed.
- Even divide and top toasted bun halves with the meat mixture, sliced tomatoes and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Return to broiler and cook just until the cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes, or as needed.
- Serve open-faced with your choice of toppings.
Makes 6 servings