Orecchiette Pasta with Italian Sausage
Busy day? Add this pasta and Italian sausage dish to your "go-to" list of quick and easy recipes—especially when you're in the mood for something exceptional to eat, yet requires minimal effort to prepare.
2 pints cherry tomatoes
4 tablespoons olive oil - divided use
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
12 ounces (about 3 cups) uncooked orecchiette pasta
1 garlic clove, sliced
1 bunch lacinato* or curly kale, stems trimmed and torn into bite-sized pieces
1 pound cooked Italian sausage, sliced into 1-inch pieces
8 ounces Wisconsin Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Toss tomatoes on rimmed baking pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Roast until golden and collapsed, 20-25 minutes.
- Cook orecchiette in large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium heat; add garlic and cook until sizzling and fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove garlic and add kale; lower heat and cover. Cook 2 minutes to wilt; stir in cooked, drained pasta, sausage and tomatoes.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in cheese.
Makes 6 servings.
*Lacinato is a variety of kale with a long tradition in Italian cuisine, especially Tuscany.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.