Pork Balls in Curry Sauce
Serve these flavorful curried pork meatballs and sauce over rice.
1 1/2 pounds lean ground pork
3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1-2 tablespoons crushed dried red peppers
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
3 cups chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2/3 cup cider vinegar
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup chicken broth
3/4 cup sour cream
- Combine ground pork, bread crumbs, egg, onion and salt. Shape into 1 1/2-inch balls (about 30).
- Heat oil in a fry pan. Add half pork balls and cook, shaking pan to brown all sides. Remove browned balls from pan and repeat with remainder. Remove browned balls from pan; pour off fat, measure and return 2 tablespoons to pan.
- Add red peppers, curry powder and ginger; cook and stir about 1 minute. Add onions, garlic, vinegar, tomato sauce and chicken broth; stir to blend and bring to a boil.
- Add pork balls; cover; reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Push balls to one side and stir in sour cream; carefully mix sauce and balls.
- Serve with noodles or rice, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 366 calories Protein 18 grams; Fat 27 grams; Sodium 671 milligrams; Cholesterol 108 milligrams
Recipe provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.