This hearty entrée features a saucy secret—pumpkin, a delicious source of fiber and vitamin A.
2 (9-ounce) packages BUITONI Refrigerated Whole Wheat Four Cheese Ravioli, prepared according to package directions, kept hot
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
16 ounces hot or sweet light turkey Italian sausage, casings removed
3/4 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 (15-ounce) container BUITONI Refrigerated Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese in medium bowl.
- Heat large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook, stirring to break into pieces, until browned. Transfer sausage to paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Add pumpkin, wine and broth to skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until bubbly. Stir in sauce and sausage; heat through.
- Layer ingredients as follows in ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking dish: 1/2 pasta, 1/2 sauce and 1/2 cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Tip: Can substitute BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce. If this is preferred, add 2 cloves finely chopped garlic when cooking sausage. Also, try substituting BUITONI Refrigerated Whole Wheat Three Cheese Tortellini.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 400 Calories from Fat: 160 Total Fat: 18 g Saturated Fat: 8 g Cholesterol: 95 mg Sodium: 1340 mg Carbohydrates: 31 g Dietary Fiber: 5 g Sugars: 5 g Protein: 27 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.