This terrific recipe for Roll-In-One-Meal Loaf was submitted by Relda Sandgran of Logan, Utah.
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed tomato soup
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup minced onions
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
4 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
1 (16-ounce) package frozen vegetables
- Combine 1/2 cup of soup with all ingredients, except vegetables and mushrooms. Mix Well.
- On waxed paper pat into a 12 x 9-inch rectangle.
- Place sliced mushrooms on top of the meat to within 1/2 inch of sides. (Mushrooms are optional if you do not like them.)
- Put frozen vegetables in a colander and rinse under hot water to partially thaw. Drain well. Place vegetables on top of the mushrooms or just on top of meat if not using mushrooms.
- Roll Jelly roll style. Seal ends. Place on a rack in a pan.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350°F (175°C). Remove from oven.
- Mix rest of soup with some pepper and garlic powder. Pour over meat loaf. Bake another 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
Makes 6 servings.