A taco-flavored meatloaf served with a zippy tomato sauce with green onions.
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1 large egg
1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 cup sliced green onion
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon salsa
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, dry bread crumbs, egg, chiles, cheddar cheese and taco seasoning mix. Blend well, then pat into a loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 1 hour, or until the meat is cooked through. Let stand 10 minutes then drain.
- Meanwhile, combine tomato, green onions, ketchup, salsa and seasoned salt.
- Slice the meat loaf and spoon the tomato mixture over the slices. Serve hot.
Makes 6 servings.