Saucy Beef Taco Pizza
Loaded with Southwestern flavor, this layered taco pie will satisfy a craving for Tex-Mex food.
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups taco sauce - divided use
1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
1 (8-ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls
1 1/2 cups crushed corn chips - divided use
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
1 avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped for accompaniment
1 tomato, chopped for accompaniment
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9 x13-inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef with onion until meat is browned and onion is soft. Pour off any liquid. Add 1 cup of the taco sauce, chiles and olives; mix well.
- Roll out crescent rolls and press into baking dish to form a crust. Sprinkle 1 cup of the corn chips evenly over dough. Spread beef mixture evenly over chips and top with sour cream. Cover with Monterey Jack cheese, then cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with remaining corn chips and garnish with mushrooms.
- Bake until crust is golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with avocado, tomato and remaining !/2 cup taco sauce.
Makes 8 servings.