Saucy Pizza Pockets
These tasty pizza pockets are easy and fun for kids to prepare using refrigerated biscuits. They make great party food, too!
1/3 pound ground pork
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
3/4 cup pizza sauce
2 (7.5-ounce) packages refrigerated tube biscuits
2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Slices of pepperoni or Canadian-style bacon
- Preheat oven to 425°C (220°C).
- Place ground pork and garlic salt in large skillet over medium-high heat; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pork is no longer pink. Stir in pizza sauce and cook, stirring, until heated through.
- Spray two large baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange biscuits on baking sheets, leaving space between each.
- Flatten biscuits with hands.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of meat sauce onto center of half of the biscuits.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese, top with slice of pepperoni or Canadian-style bacon.
- Carefully top with remaining biscuits; seal together outside edges of the top and bottom biscuits by pressing down with the tines of a fork.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, or until golden brown.
Makes 8 snack servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 270 Protein 13 grams Fat 14 grams Sodium 860 milligrams Cholesterol 25 milligrams Saturated Fat 4 grams Carbohydrates 25 grams Fiber 0 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.