Saucy Sausage Shells
A simple and delicious weeknight meal. Choose seasoning strength to match your family's tastes. Serve with Caesar salad and breadsticks.
2 pounds bulk fresh pork sausage, seasoned as desired
24 jumbo macaroni shells
2 (4-ounce) cans mushroom stems and pieces, drained
2 (26-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce - divided use
4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded - divided use
- Cook macaroni shells according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Cook sausage in large skillet until brown, breaking up with wooden spoon. Drain off fat.
- Transfer drained sausage to large bowl; stir mushrooms into drained sausage. Stir in 1 cup of spaghetti sauce and half of mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Carefully stuff sausage mixture into macaroni shells.
- Arrange stuffed shells in 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Heat remaining spaghetti sauce in large saucepan until bubbly; pour evenly over stuffed shells. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 862 calories; Protein: 48 grams; Fat: 50 grams; Sodium: 2832 milligrams; Cholesterol: 130 milligrams; Saturated Fat: 20 grams; Carbohydrates: 53 grams; Fiber: 6 grams.
Recipe provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.