Sausage & Rice Bake
This no-fuss, one-dish meal is a sure-fire way to keep the whole family satisfied. Serve with mixed green salad.
1 pound bulk pork sausage, seasoned as desired
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 cup long-grain rice
1 cup celery, chopped
1 (6.5-ounce) envelope chicken noodle soup mix
2 cups boiling water
1 cup cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cook sausage and onion in a large skillet until sausage is brown, breaking up sausage with wooden spoon. Drain off fat. Set sausage mixture aside.
- Combine uncooked rice, celery and dry soup mix in 2 to 2 1/2-quart casserole.
- Pour boiling water over mixture in casserole; stir to combine.
- Spoon sausage mixture evenly over mixture in casserole. Cover.
- Bake about 50 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Uncover; stir to combine. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake about 5 minutes more or until cheese melts.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 436 calories; Protein: 19 grams; Fat: 24 grams; Sodium: 1183 milligrams; Cholesterol: 70 milligrams; Saturated Fat: 10 grams; Carbohydrates: 35 grams; Fiber: 1 grams.
Recipe provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.