Savory Beef and Potato Casserole
A hearty and satisfying layered ground beef and potato casserole topped with Parmesan cheese. Complete the meal with a green vegetable and chilled peach slices.
6 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
1 pound lean ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons crushed dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Brown ground beef and onions in a large saucepan; drain.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, parsley, soy sauce, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Sandwich beef and onions between two layers of potatoes; spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over potatoes.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes, or until casserole is hot. Remove from oven.
- Preheat broiler.
- Take cover off casserole and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; brown under broiler. Serve hot.
Makes 6 servings.