Sloppy Joe Pizza
When you're short on time and energy—and have a hungry bunch to feed, try this quick and tasty recipe for sloppy Joe pizza. Makes great party food, too!
1 pound lean ground beef
3/4 cup prepared barbecue sauce
1 (12-inch) pre-baked pizza crust (such as Boboli)
3/4 cup loose-pack frozen corn, thawed
1/2 cup green onion, sliced
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar or Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC).
- In large nonstick skillet, brown beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
- Stir in corn, barbecue sauce, and green onions. Salt to taste. Heat through.
- Place pizza crust on a large baking sheet. Top evenly with beef mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into 8 wedges and serve hot.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: Try substituting cooked shredded beef for the ground beef.
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.