Stuffed Mexican Meatloaf
This Mexican-flavored meatloaf has a mixture of cheddar cheese and sour cream layered in the center.
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 large egg
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 pound cheddar cheese, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, tomato sauce, dry bread crumbs, taco seasoning mix, green bell pepper, onion and egg; mix thoroughly and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine cheddar cheese and sour cream. Place half the meat mixture in loaf pan. Make a deep well the length of loaf; place the cheese mixture in the well, then place the remaining meat mixture on top.
- Bake for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours.
- Pour off the drippings. Top the meatloaf with sliced cheddar cheese, overlapping. Let stand for 8 to 10 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.