Tater Tot Casserole
This tasty tater tot casserole is a great way to get the kids to eat their broccoli.
4 cups tater tots
1 pound ground beef
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1 (2.5-ounce) can French fried onions - divided use
1 tomato, chopped
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese - divided use
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
2/3 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Place potatoes on the bottom and up the sides of a 2 quart casserole dish. Bake uncovered 10 minutes.
- In a skillet, brown ground beef. Drain.
- Place beef, broccoli, 1/2 can of onions and tomatoes in the potato shell.
- In a bowl combine 1 cup cheese, soup, milk, garlic powder and pepper. Pour over beef mixture.
- Bake covered 25 minutes.
- Top with remaining 1 cup cheese and 1/2 can of onions.
- Bake uncovered 3 to 5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Serve hot.
Makes 4 servings.