Turkey Apple Meatloaf
Recipe courtesy of B.C. Tree Fruits Limited.
1 (6-ounce) package instant stuffing mix, prepared and cooled
1 pound ground turkey
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 apples, unpeeled, grated
1/3 cup rolled oats
1 large egg
3 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Spray a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with cooking oil spray.
- Press the cooled stuffing evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- In large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients and add to loaf pan, pressing down so top of loaf is flat.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until thermometer inserted into the center reads 175°F (79.4°C).
- Allow to rest a few minutes the turn out of pan so stuffing is on the top.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 251; Total Fat: 11g; Total Carbs: 21g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 17g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of B.C. Tree Fruits Limited.