Butter Pecan Squares
Buttery pecan squares studded with milk chocolate chips AND topped with melted milk chocolate and chopped pecans.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups (11.5-ounce package) HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips - divided use
3/4 cup chopped pecans - divided use
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 8-or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in medium bowl until fluffy; stir in flour.
- Stir in 1 cup milk chocolate chips and 1/2 cup pecans. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle remaining 1 cup chips over surface. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes or until chips soften; spread evenly. Immediately sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup pecans over top; press gently onto chocolate. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares.
Makes 16 squares.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.