Cherry White Chip Brownies
Kirsch-infused chocolate brownies studded with almonds, white chips, chopped maraschino cherries and decorated with a white chip drizzle.
1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, well drained
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 tablespoon kirsch (cherry brandy) or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa or HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup chopped slivered almonds
1 cup HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips
WHITE CHIP DRIZZLE (recipe follows, optional)
Maraschino cherry halves, well drained (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 8-or 9-inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Grease and flour foil.
- Pat chopped cherries between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs, corn syrup, brandy and almond extract in medium bowl until well blended. Add flour, cocoa and baking powder to butter mixture, beating until blended.
- Stir in chopped cherries, almonds and white chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cover; refrigerate until firm.
- Use foil to lift brownies out of pan; peel off foil. Cut brownies into shapes with cookie cutters or cut into squares.
- Garnish with WHITE CHIP DRIZZLE and maraschino cherry halves, if desired. Refrigerate until drizzle is firm; refrigerate leftover brownies.
Makes 16 brownies.
WHITE CHIP DRIZZLE: Place 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips and 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds: stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH additional 15 seconds until chips are melted when stirred. Using tines of fork, drizzle across brownies.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.