Chocolate Chips and Raspberry Bars
Cookie bars topped with raspberry preserves, chocolate chips and streusel.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 large egg, beaten
1/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup raspberry preserves
1 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer until well blended.
- Reserve 1/2 cup mixture for topping.
- Spread remaining mixture onto bottom of prepared pan (this will be a very thin layer). Spread preserves evenly over dough; sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Drop reserved dough by 1/2 teaspoons over chips.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes 32 bars.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.