Chocolate Maple Nut Bars
These scrumptious bars feature a buttery shortbread crust sprinkled with chocolate chips, topped with a maple nut mixture and baked until golden.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cold butter or margarine
2 large eggs
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 teaspoons maple flavoring
2 cups chopped nuts
1 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in 1 beaten egg. Press mixture evenly onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk, remaining 1 egg and maple flavoring; stir in nuts. Set aside.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over prepared crust.
- Gently spread nut mixture evenly over chocolate.
- Return to oven. Bake 25 minutes or until golden. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Makes 24 to 36 bars.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.