Double Delicious Cookie Bars
Super easy, super tasty layered cookie bars with double the yum of both semi-sweet and peanut butter chips.
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
2 cups (12-ounce package) HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
1 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). (325°F (160°C). for glass dish).
- Melt butter in oven in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter; pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumbs.
- Top with 2 cups chocolate chips and peanut butter chips; press down firmly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, place 1 cup chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth when stirred.
- Drizzle over top of bars.
- When drizzle is firm, cut into bars. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
Makes 24 to 36 bars.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.