Chewy brownies with a decadent fudge topping.
1 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
3 teaspoons vanilla extract - divided use
1 cup chopped nuts
2 cups (12-ounce package) HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, stir together butter, sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, eggs, milk and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla; beat well.
- Stir in nuts. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Just before brownies are done, in heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Immediately spread over hot brownies.
- Cool in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate. Cut into bars.
Makes about 36 brownies.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.