Fudgey Chocolate Pecan Bars
Chocolate brownies with a pecan pie-like topping.
1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cold butter or margarine
2 large eggs
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1 1/2 teaspoons maple flavoring
2 cups pecan halves or pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in 1 beaten egg.
- Press mixture evenly on bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk, remaining 1 egg and flavoring; stir in pecan halves. Pour over prepared crust, distributing pecan halves evenly. Return to oven.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Makes 24 to 36 bars.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.