Fudgey Mint Cheesecake Bars
Fudgey brownies topped with a mint-flavored cheesecake filling and a chocolate glaze.
4 (1-ounce each) bars HERSHEY'S Unsweetened Baking Chocolate, broken into pieces
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine - divided use
2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
Green food color (optional)
Chocolate Glaze (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Melt chocolate with 1/2 cup butter.
- Combine chocolate mixture with sugar, 3 eggs, vanilla and flour in large bowl, beating until well blended. Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, remaining 2 tablespoons butter and cornstarch in medium bowl until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, then remaining 1 egg, peppermint extract and food color, if desired. Pour mixture over hot brownie layer.
- Bake 30 minutes or until set.
- Spread Chocolate Glaze over top. Cool. Refrigerate until set. Cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator.
Makes 24 to 36 bars.
Chocolate Glaze: Combine 1 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1/2 cup whipping cream in small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth. Makes about 2/3 cup glaze.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.