Hershey's Best Brownies
Hershey's best brownies recipe using their Special Dark Cocoa.
1 cup butter or margarine
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 large eggs
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Place butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until melted.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with spoon after each addition. Add cocoa; beat until well blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat well. Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Frost if desired. Cut into bars.
Makes about 36 brownies.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.