Hershey's Chocolate Pecan Bars
Chocolate bars with a pecan pie-like topping.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 cup cold butter or margarine
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (325° for glass dish).
- Stir together flour, sugar and cocoa in large bowl.
- Cut in butter until crumbly. Press firmly onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes; remove from oven.
- In medium bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla until well blended. Stir in pecans.
- Spread mixture evenly over hot baked crust. Return to oven.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars. Cover; store in refrigerator.
Makes about 36 bars.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.