Irresistible Peanut Butter Chip Brownies
Go ahead, try and resist these cream cheese cocoa brownies studded with peanut butter chips.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 2/3 cups (10-ounce package) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
Brownie Frosting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in chips. Spread batter into pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely.
- Frost with Brownie Frosting, if desired. Cut into bars.
Makes about 36 brownies.
Brownie Frosting: Beat 3 tablespoons softened butter or margarine and 3 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa until blended. Gradually add 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract alternately with 1 to 2 tablespoons milk, beating to spreading consistency. Makes about 1 cup frosting.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.