Maximum Brownie Cups
Yummy brownie cupcakes with chocolate candy centers.
18 HERSHEY'S NUGGETS
1 cup butter or margarine
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 large eggs
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 18 muffin cups (2 1/2-inches in diameter) with paper or foil bake cups.
- Remove wrappers from chocolate pieces.
- In large microwave-safe bowl, place butter. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with spoon after each addition. Add cocoa; beat until well blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat well.
- Remove 1 1/4 cups batter; set aside.
- Divide remaining batter evenly into muffin cups. Place one chocolate in center of each cup. (Do not push into batter.) Place slightly rounded tablespoon reserved batter on top of each chocolate.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until surface is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Garnish as desired.
Makes 18 brownie cups.
Vanilla Cups: Use 1 cup packed light brown sugar and 1 cup granulated sugar in place of 2 cups granulated sugar; eliminate cocoa and increase flour to 2 1/2 cups. Follow above directions.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company. © The Hershey Company.